Let me start with the abbreviation first.
SEM is Search Engine Marketing.
PPC is just one way of doing SEM.
what is Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
SEM is basically marketing on search engines. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a Digital Marketing Strategy using paid ads to increase the visibility of a website on the search engine results page.
3 Main Search Engines are Google, Bing, and Yahoo
All 3 Search Engines offer marketing services.
Bing as it is owned by Microsoft offers
and Yahoo offers
What you can promote?
With SEM, you can promote anything from blogs to professional websites, your products, services, videos, Apps, etc.
Different types of campaigns in SEM
You can create different types of campaigns according to your needs. All the marketing platforms offer various types of marketing campaigns. The popular type of campaigns are as follow:
- Search Campaign: you can create a search campaign if you have a blog, services, or professional website. you can use this type of campaign when you want to promote your content or your services or products.
- Display Campaign/Native Ads: In this campaign, you can create display banners and promote them on search engines and other websites. you can create this type of campaign when you want to do brand awareness or you want to promote some amazing and appealing offer.
- Video campaign: In a video campaign, you can promote your video content on search engines or on Youtube (using google ads).
- Shopping Campain: you can create this campaign to sell your products online. when a buyer searches for any product online, it will show your products on the top of the list as a suggested product.
- App Download Campaign: If you want to promote your app, you can use the app download campaign. In this, you can get downloads of your app.
Different types of payment options
When you decide to do SEM, it is important to know the various types of payment options these platforms support. There are mainly 3 types of payment options.
- PPC: PPC is pay-per-click. In this mode, you pay per click. So, you can decide how much you are willing to pay per click. you can also set your own limits. This mode is available in search campaigns where you get website traffic.
- PPV: PPV is pay-per-view. It is similar to PPC but for video campaigns, This mode is available for video campaigns where you will get video views.
- PPI/CPM: PPI is pay-per-million impressions. This mode is used in display or native ads, where you have your banner or display ads advertise on others websites.
Note: There are many other platforms that offer native ads such as taboola, outbrain, mgid, revcontent, etc
So, This is all about SEM and PPC in Digital Marketing.
I hope you like this article. If you have any questions, you can mention them in the comment section below. Also, share it with your friends on social media and follow us to get all the latest updates.
Originally published at https://www.geekzbuddy.com.