How to Change Admin Password using CMD
Hello Friends, In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to change Admin Password using CMD. This is just a simple trick to change the admin password and not any hacking trick. So, If you are looking for any hacking trick. This is not the right place. There are basically two ways in which you can change the admin password in windows 7.
- Using User Accounts in Control Panel
- Using Command Prompt
1. Using User Accounts in Control Panel: This is the simplest way to change the admin password and almost everybody knows how to change the admin password from the control panel. For those who don’t know about this let me explain them very quickly. Just follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel by clicking on the start menu and select the control panel. Otherwise, you can Press (Windows Key + R) to open Run Box and type ‘Control Panel’
- In the control panel go to ‘User Accounts’
- In User Accounts, select the account for which you want to change the password.
- Now select the option of ‘Change Password’. (If there is no password already set then it will give you the option of add a password)
- In the next window, set the password and password hint and press change password to change the password.
2. Using Command Prompt: This is the second method to change the admin password using the command prompt. Please note: In order to change the admin password you must have admin rights, otherwise you will not be able to change the password using the command prompt. If you don’t have admin rights and you want to change the admin password then you should read the following article. How to change Admin Password without Admin Rights
Steps to change Admin Password using Command Prompt are as follows:
- Open Command Prompt with admin rights just by right-clicking on command prompt and select ‘Run As Administrator’
- In Command Prompt, type net user and hit enter. It will show you all the user profiles available on PC
- Type net user [name of user profile]. Type the exact name of the user profile whose password you want to change and hit enter. It will show you all the details of that user profile.
- Again type the same command again and then give a space and then type *. Now it will ask you to type the new password. Type the new password and hit enter.
- Confirm the password by typing it again and hit enter.
- That’s it! You will see a message that the password has been successfully changed.
If you find it difficult to follow the above steps then you can also watch the video tutorial below.
If you have any questions or suggestions, then please do write in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to like, follow, and subscribe to us on Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also subscribe to our mailing lists so that you can get all the latest updates directly in your inbox.
Originally published at https://www.geekzbuddy.com.